Laminins are proteins composed of three subunits — α-chain, β-chain and γ-chain. They are a major component of the basal lamina lining a cell membrane’s external surface. Its cross-like structure serves as the foundation for many tissues. Laminins play an important role in cell differentiation, migration, adhesion and the support of healthy tissue.
Laminin 521 supports many cell types, including cells from pancreas, vascular, nervous and muscular systems. The bioink can be used as a base material for specialized cells including hepatocytes, cardiomyocytes and neurons offering excellent printability and easy crosslinking, and is a great starting point for culturing many cell types. Also available with a GelXA base.
- Bioink is available in 3 mL cartridges.
- Includes crosslinking agent.
- Sterile production and packaging.
- 2 months shelf life.
- For research use only. Not for human use.
- Use as a throughput 3D model (deposited as droplets) with the BIO X Temperature Controlled or Syringe Printhead.
- As a bioprinted 3D construct as demonstrated in the Liver Tissue Model Kit
Other specialized cell specific formulations available:
The bioink has the following quality criteria:
|Appearance||White semi-translucent gel|
|Endotoxin level||<5 EU/mL|
|Viscosity||≥5 kPa∙s at 0.01 s-1, ≤3 Pa∙s at 200 s-1, measured at 25°C|