Laminins are proteins composed of three subunits referred to as an α-chain, β-chain and γ-chain. They are a major component of the basal lamina that lines the external surface of cell membranes. Its cross-like structure serves as a foundation for many tissues. Laminins play an important role in cell differentiation, migration, adhesion and are involved in supporting healthy tissue.
In disease modelling, CELLINK LAMININK 111 bioink is relevant for studying Parkinson’s disease and cancer models. The bioink comprises nanosized fibrils, which makes it semi-translucent and allows cell imaging and analysis. This bioink is suited for 3D culturing of brain, kidney, liver or intestinal cells. CELLINK LAMININK 111 contains low levels of endotoxins that allows creation of healthy and diseased tissue models with minimal interference with drugs during drug discovery and development research.
- Bioink is available in 3 mL cartridges.
- Includes crosslinking agent.
- Sterile production and packaging.
- 2 months shelf life.
- For research use only. Not for human use.
- Also available with a GelXA base.
- Use to bioprint cell-laden 3D constructs or medium to high throughput droplets using the Syringe Pump Printhead for the BIO X.
- See the Liver Tissue Model Kit for example applications of CELLINK LAMININK 111 supporting bioprinted 3D constructs.
Other specialized cell specific formulations available:
The bioink has the following quality criteria:
|Appearance||White semi-translucent gel|
|Endotoxin level||<5 EU/mL|
|Viscosity||≥5 kPa∙s at 0.01 s-1, ≤3 Pa∙s at 200 s-1, measured at 25°C|