Laminins are proteins composed of three subunits referred to as an α-chain, β-chain and γ-chain. They are a major component of the basal lamina that lines the external surface of cell membranes. Its cross-like structure that serves as a foundation for many tissues. Laminins play an important role in cell differentiation, migration, adhesion and are involved in supporting healthy tissue.
Laminin 121 is expressed widely during embryonic and early development stages of organ and tissue lining, and is mostly found in placenta, skeletal muscle and kidney tissue. CELLINK LAMININK 121 is particularly suitable as a base material for 3D culturing of skeletal muscle, brain, kidney and liver cells.
CELLINK LAMININK 121 contains low levels of endotoxins that allows creation of healthy and diseased tissue models with minimal interference with drugs during drug development and delivery research.
- Bioink is available in 3 mL cartridges.
- Includes crosslinking agent.
- Sterile production and packaging.
- Six weeks shelf life.
- For research use only. Not for human use.
- Also available with a GelXA base.
- Use to bioprint cell-laden 3D constructs or medium to high throughput droplets using the Pneumatic– or Syringe Pump Printhead for the BIO X and BIO X6.
Other specialized cell specific formulations available:
The bioink has the following quality criteria:
|Appearance||White semi-translucent gel|
|Endotoxin level||<5 EU/mL|
|Viscosity||≥5 kPa∙s at 0.01 s-1, ≤3 Pa∙s at 200 s-1, measured at 25°C|