This sterile powder can be rehydrated using a reconstitution solution to create a support slurry consisting of compacted gelatin microparticles. This support bath facilitates bioprinting with low-viscosity bioinks with no need for thickeners or stabilizers. In this application, the support slurry is then melted away, releasing the structure. Using LifeSupport allows one to deposit bioinks in complex geometries such as tubular networks, thin walls, and overhangs.
Other advantages of the LifeSupport support bath:
- Beyond the recommended reconstitution buffers, any aqueous buffer can be used to reconstitute the slurry. One can also add pH buffers, enzymes, ions and more to enable a wide range of polymer crosslinking chemistries and gelation mechanisms.
- Nearly any bioink is compatible with the support slurry.
- Many CELLINK bioinks have been optimized for use with the LifeSupport slurry, ask about specific bioinks you might need, including collagen, alginate, fibrin, ECM-derived bioinks, methacrylated gelatin, methacrylated hyaluronic acid and more.
LifeSupport™ is manufactured by FluidForm™ under license from Carnegie Mellon University.
- Can be reconstituted to contain diverse chemistries to facilitate bioink crosslinking
- Provides stability to slow-curing materials or low-viscosity bioinks
- Size and consistency of microparticles facilitate high resolution bioprints
- Optimized for use with the BIO X Syringe Pump Printhead