Alginate 5% is a hydrogel that provides an excellent environment with the correct osmotic pressure for mammalian cells. Due to its translucent appearance, alginate minimizes optical interference when making both brightfield and fluorescent images. This enables imaging of several layers of cells in a 3D construct. Alginate ionically crosslinks with the Crosslinking Agent, containing calcium ions.
- Minimum 4 months shelf life
- For research use only. Not for human use.
- In a low viscosity formulation for use with the BIO X EMD Printhead to generate microspheres
- Constituent of an extrudable bioink to enable ionic crosslinking capability
- In combination with FRESH LifeSupport powder for support bath printing
- After 3D cell culture you can easily harvest the cells for analysis using the Cell Collect A Bioink Lysis Reagent
Recommended for use with extrusion 3D bioprinters such as the BIO X and INKREDIBLE+
The Kit includes:
- Alginate 5%, 3×5 mL (sterile)
- 60 mL Crosslinking Agent – CaCl2 Solution (sterile)
- Two Consumables Kit C5 (Five clear cartridges, five luer lock adaptors, 15 nozzles, all sterile)