Fifth quarter (September – December 2020, 4 months)
- Net sales amounted to SEK 239,216 thousand (SEK 50,189 thousand), which corresponds to an increase of 377% (118%) compared to the corresponding period a year earlier, of which 73% (47%) was organic growth. The acquisition of Scienion has since September 1, 2020 contributed with SEK 152,176 thousand in sales.
- Operating profit before depreciation (EBITDA) amounted to SEK 40,414 thousand (SEK -15,567 thousand), corresponding to a margin of 16.9% (-31.0%).
- Profit for the period amounted to SEK 13,219 thousand (SEK -18,895 thousand), which generates earnings per share after dilution of SEK 0.26 (SEK -0.48). The result was positively affected by the market valuation of the company's short-term investments of SEK 5,122 thousand (SEK 272 thousand).
- Rolling twelve-month net sales from consumables amounted to SEK 35,091 thousand (SEK 15,699 thousand), an increase of 124%. The share of total product sales was 11.9%, a decrease of 0.2 percentage points (12.1% in the comparison period).
Full year (September 2019 – December 2020, 16 months)
- Net sales amounted to SEK 416,009 thousand (SEK 155,646 thousand), which corresponds to an increase of 167% (128%) compared with the corresponding period a year earlier. Of the increase, 48% (77%) was organic growth.
- Operating profit before depreciation (EBITDA) amounted to SEK 816 thousand (SEK -12,216 thousand), corresponding to a margin of 0.2% (-7.8%). Operating profit was affected by costs for the listing on Nasdaq Stockholm and acquisitions totaling SEK -18,264 thousand (SEK -6,395 thousand).
- Profit for the period amounted to SEK -48,994 thousand (SEK -18,314 thousand), which generates earnings per share after dilution of SEK -1.10 (SEK -0.51). In addition to the listing and acquisition costs, the net result was affected by the market valuation of the company's short-term investments of SEK -1,211 thousand (SEK 1,722 thousand).
- Given the company’s current growth phase, which is expected to continue during 2021, the Board of Directors proposes no dividend for the financial year 2019/2020.
"Q5 was our strongest quarter ever to date, with high demand for our products and a seasonally strong end of the year. During the coming quarters we will continue to navigate the effects of the pandemic, dealing with the uncertainty and restraint of the market. As we look to the future, our focus is on expansion, product development, acquisitions, and continued investments", says Erik Gatenholm, CEO, CELLINK.
"Our driving force is to create healthier individuals. Over the last five years we have established ourselves as an actor that constantly challenges and develops the industry. It is in the intersection of biology and technology that the main development opportunities are created – we have chosen to define this as bioconvergence”, says Erik Gatenholm.
“Through product development and acquisitions we are realizing synergies and customer value with market leading workflows. After the end of the reporting period, we signed an agreement to acquire Ginolis, a leader in advanced robotics and diagnostic automation. Ginolis innovation-driven agenda complements CELLINK's offering and further strengthens our position as the leading player in bioconvergence", concludes Erik Gatenholm.
Earnings call February 25, 14:00 (CET)
Before the start of the conference call the presentation will be available on the investor section of the company's website. The presentation will be held in English.
Date: Thursday, February 25, 2021. 14:00 (CET)
For audio: +46 8 502 439 36 Conference ID: 888 731 010#
For video: Video link to the presentation.
Participants from CELLINK: Erik Gatenholm, CEO and Gusten Danielsson, CFO
Please note for the Q&A session you have two options: a) if you join via audio you can ask questions directly to the presenters b) if you join via video you can only use the chat function to ask questions.
Annex: Year-end Report 2019/2020
This information is such that CELLINK is required to publish in accordance with the EU Market Abuse Regulation and the Securities Market Act. The information was submitted for publication by the contact persons set out below on February 25, 2021 at 08.00 (CET).
For further information, please contact:
|Erik Gatenholm, CEO
Phone (Sweden): +46 73 267 00 00
Phone (US): +1 (650) 515 5566
Email: [email protected]
|Gusten Danielsson, CFO
Phone (Sweden): +46 70 991 86 04
Phone (US): +1 (857) 332 2138
Email: [email protected]
Founded in 2016, CELLINK is the leading bioconvergence company in world that provides technologies, products and services to create, understand and master biology. With a focus on the application areas of bioprinting, multiomics, cell line development, and diagnostics, the company develops and markets innovative technologies that enable researchers in the life sciences to culture cells in 3D, perform high-throughput drug screening and print human tissues and organs for the medical, pharmaceutical and cosmetic industries. CELLINK’s products are trusted by more than 1,800 laboratories, including ones at all the top 20 pharmaceutical companies, are being used in more than 65 countries, and have been cited in more than 1,600 publications. CELLINK is creating the future of medicine. CELLINK is listed on the Nasdaq Stockholm under CLNK B. www.cellink.com/investors